YHN understands that everybody can need a little extra help from time to time and that’s what our advice and support team is for – to give you the help you need when you need it most. The team works to help people better understand the support available to them from us and other agencies, to make sure people are receiving the benefits they should be and to help our customers cope with recent changes to the welfare system.
The aim of all of this is to help improve health and wellbeing and to make sure our tenants are able to sustain their tenancies for as long as possible.
We want to:
- help you stay in your tenancy
- help you access accommodation
- help you set up an run your home well
- help refugees that have been given the right to remain in the UK
- prevent homelessness
The services provided are free of charge and staff can help you if you:
- need benefits advice
- need debt counselling
- need help moving into your new home
- have rent arrears problems
Click the links below to find out more about what we offer or contact your Housing Services Hub for further information.