We are committed to creating safe homes for you and your family.
As mentioned in your tenancy agreement, everyone has a part of play in helping to keep your home safe.
We have provided some advice on home safety and the responsibilities we each have.
If you live in a multi-storey block, we also take a range of precautions designed specifically to keep your building safe. Click here to learn more and meet the multi-storey building safety team.
As a landlord, we are legally obliged to:
- Carry out repairs to your home that could cause a potential hazard
- Carry out annual gas safety checks
- Ensure smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms are fitted
1. Reporting hazards
It is important that you report any hazards, defects or repairs to your home as soon as possible.
To report a safety concern or urgent repair, please call us on 0191 278 7878.
Some examples of hazards to look out for are:
- Loose plug sockets or light switches
- Damage to walls or ceilings
- Water leaks
- Gas or electrical faults
- Defects on steps
- Loose handrails
- Insecure drain pipes or roof slates
- Damaged walls and damaged fencing
2. Keeping a safe home environment
You are also responsible for maintaining a safe home environment and not introducing any environmental hazards that could pose a danger to yourself, your family or neighbours.
Need more information?
If you have any questions or concerns about the safety of your building or property, please let us know by emailing email@example.com or calling 0191 278 8600. In an emergency, such as a fire, you should call 999.