YHN’s caretaker service is responsible for managing all of our multi-storey buildings across the city, keeping them clean, safe and tidy and listening to customers who provide feedback on the block.
What does my building's caretaker do?
Your caretaker can help with a wide range of daily tasks, including:
- Unblocking bin chutes
- Cleaning communal area
- Assistance with bulk rubbish removal
- Contractor access
- Litter picking
- Home safety visits
- Clearing spillages
- Supporting emergency services
- Intercom assistance
- Repairs reporting
- Meter readings
- Accompanied viewings
- Reporting fly-tipping
If you need to request a new fob for your building, please visit www.yhn.org.uk/request-new-fob.
How do I contact my building's caretaker?
The contact information for your building's caretaker are on display on a noticeboard in the entrance lobby to your building. You can also find their information by searching for your address on our find an officer page.
Your usual caretaker is available from Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Our 24/7 team: here for you any time of the day or night
When your usual caretaker is not at work, our 24/7 team takes over and are on hand to visit your block at any time of the day or night. In addition to the above, they are available to:
- Support the emergency services if there is an incident in your building
- Assist with flooding or leakages
- Respond to anti-social behaviour or noise complaints
- Change light bulbs
- Carry out security patrols
- Deal with unwanted visitors
- Respond to customer requests for assistance
- Provide access to contractors
- Carry out minor repairs
- Undertake specialist cleaning of biohazards
- Safely remove any discarded sharp items
You can contact the team using your intercom or by calling 0191 278 8600.