is made up of four council nominees appointed by Newcastle City Council and eight independent people, including the Chair.
Members stand down in rotation each year at the Annual General Meeting and vacancies are advertised locally.
What skills are needed to become a board member?
If you are interested in becoming a board member you should:
- have a commitment to social housing and the aims of Your Homes Newcastle
- be able to work as part of a team and share responsibility for board decisions
- have a commitment to equality
- be able to understand complex information
- put the interests of all tenants and Your Homes Newcastle first
All Board member vacancies will be advertised on North East Jobs