For the latest customer information on Coronavirus (COVID-19) click here. We are currently experiencing high call volume.
To help keep our lines free for emergencies, please get in touch using our contact us form

At Your Homes Newcastle (YHN), we aim to give an excellent service but we do recognise that sometimes things go wrong. When this happens we will try to put things right and continually improve our service. We aim to put things right straight away and resolve your complaint informally at first point of contact. In order to tell us about your complaint you can contact us online here, on any of our contact numbers (link to the contact us page with the numbers on) or at any of our offices. This document includes a flow chart that demonstrates every stage of the complaints process and you can read our complaints policy here.
  • What is a complaint?

    If you are unhappy about:
    • The standard of service you receive from us
    • Our response to your request for a service or
    • Something we did or didn’t do
  • Who can complain?

    Anyone who uses our services: tenants, leaseholders, applicants for housing and members of the wider community affected by our services. If you are complaining on behalf of a friend or family member, a consent form must be completed and returned before the complaint can be accepted
  • What information you need to make a complaint

    • Your name
    • Your contact details (if you do not live at the address you are complaining about we will need your address too)
    • What the problem is
    • What you would like us to do to put things right
  • How to make a complaint

    You can make a complaint by:
    • Filling in our Online Form
    • Emailing
    • Telephoning YHN on 0191 278 8600
    • Visiting your local housing office.

      Please tell us what your complaint is about, if you have already spoken to someone at YHN about it and what you would like us to do to put things right.
  • How we will handle your complaint

    Wherever possible, YHN will try to resolve your complaint informally at first point of contact. In the majority of cases, our front line officers will investigate the issue and listen to what you would like to do to put things right. If the case is more complex, or it is not possible to resolve the complaint at this point, the complaint will enter into the formal process - this document demonstrates that process.

    If your complaint is about debt advice and we have been unable to resolve it, you can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service: Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR

    Phone:0800 023 4567

  • I am a leaseholder and want to complain about my service charges

    If you have a specific complaint about your service charges you can appeal to: Leasehold Valuation Tribunal (LVT) Residential Property Tribunal Service, 1st Floor, 5 New York Street, Manchester, M1 4JB Phone: 0845 100 2614 or 0161 237 9491 Fax: 0161 237 3656 Email:
  • Complaining about data protection and freedom of information requests

    If you have been through our internal complaints process you can appeal to: The Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF or via: or telephone: 0303 123 1113
  • For complaints relating to repairs and environmental issues

    It's possible that your complaint relates to a service delivered by Newcastle City Council and they have their own complaints process for the services they provide. These include:
      • Repairs
      • Refuse, wheelie bins, street cleaning, pest control, dog fouling,  and fly tipping - which can all be reported to Envirocall
    For information regarding all other complaints relating to Newcastle City Council please click here.
  • What is a compliment?

    A compliment is when you tell us you are happy. For example if:
    • You receive a good or excellent quality of service
    • You want to praise or highlight the service given to you by a member of staff
  • How do I make a compliment?

    You can make a compliment by:
    • Filling in our online form 
    • Emailing
    • Telephoning YHN on 0191 278 8600 or
    • Visiting your local housing office