We provide a neighbourhood warden service in partnership with Newcastle City Council to help keep local neighbourhoods clean, safe and tidy.
There are ten neighbourhood wardens who work exclusively on YHN estates across the city.
What do neighbourhood wardens do?
The wardens help to reduce environmental crime and anti-social behaviour by patrolling neighbourhoods, reporting incidents and engaging with communities and other service providers to tackle problem areas. The team:
- helps to reduce environmental crime such as littering and flytipping
- responds to anti-social behaviour including noise nuisance and alcohol related disorder
- helps arrange educational activities such as estate events
- reports issues and incidents on our estates, for example, to Envirocall or Northumbria Police
- supports community safety initiatives
- signposts residents when they have queries or concerns.
Got an issue on your estate?