For the latest customer information on Coronavirus (COVID-19) click here. We are currently experiencing high call volume.
To help keep our lines free for emergencies, please get in touch using our contact us form

YHN’s Health and Housing Support Service can help older tenants and those with medical conditions to remain independent at home for as long as possible.

  • Health and Housing Assessment

    For customers wanting to move to another home on health grounds we will carry out an assessment to determine the most suitable housing option for them so that they can remain independent and we can reduce the impact someone's home has on their health.

    We are supported by Health Professionals working in partnership with YHN so can understand a customer’s needs and find the best housing option as soon as possible.
  • Housing support

    Sometimes the cost of making adaptations to YHN properties is very high and is not always right for the property. When this is the case we try to find customers who need adaptations a new place to live which better suits their needs.
  • How to apply

    First, you’ll need an assessment from Newcastle City Council. You can arrange this by contacting Social Care Direct.

    They will ask you a number of questions to find out what kind of help you need. Regardless of whether it is housing advice or adaptations you need you will be signposted to the correct team to deal with your enquiry. If adapting your home is most appropriate, the occupational therapy service will assess you in your home.

  • How can we help?

    We can make your home easier to live in by:
    • Discussing your long term housing needs.
    • Providing aids or adaptations to your home.
    • Answering any queries you may have about existing adaptations in your home or adaptations due to be fitted in your home.
    We will consult with you on your future rehousing needs, support you if you have adaptations installed, and provide aftercare when the work is finished