Click on the fire safety symbol above which provides essential safety information should there be a fire in or around your home. Please take time to read this information.
In addition you should also be aware of:
- Smoke Alarms: YHN carry out annual smoke alarm testing and maintenance.
- Smoking: Smoking is prohibited in the communal areas of all YHN managed buildings.
- Call challenging: If your property is linked to the YHN Enquiry Centre, you will be contacted by an operator to ensure this is not a false alarm. This prevents unnecessary call outs to the fire brigade.
- Electrical Testing: YHN carry out statuary electrical testing to all properties.
- Communal Areas: All communal areas should be kept clear, so as not to impede means of escape, and/or introduce flammable materials into the blocks in the first instance.
- Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Order: YHN carry out statuary Fire Risk Assessments on all communal blocks.
- Further information: Further information on Fire Safety can be found on the Community Safety pages of the Tyne and Wear Fire Service website.