Exclusively for people over 55, there are 36 apartments and 6 bungalows in our Lawson House development in the Byker area of the city.
Lawson House is one of our new build developments in a convenient location close to local shops, supermarkets, GP surgeries, pharmacies, banks and bus routes to the city centre.
All apartments are designed with comfort and home security in mind benefitting from:
- Double glazing
- Modern fitted kitchens and bathrooms
- Central heating
- Telephone and television points
- Mains connected smoke detectors
- Secure camera entry system and independent front door.
Lawson House also offers residents well-maintained communal areas and facilities including:
- Communal lounge for social events
- Laundry room
- Scooter store
- Well-maintained communal garden
- Onsite car parking.
About Housing Plus - Sheltered
Our Housing Plus service is designed to make living easier for our customers by offering affordable quality accommodation alongside a range of housing and wellbeing support services.
A Housing Plus Officer is based in each development providing a welcoming atmosphere and support to live independently, with opportunities for social interaction and wellbeing support tailored to individual customers’ needs.
- No fees to pay
- Repairs and maintenance costs covered
- Optional furniture rental available
- Onsite Housing Plus Officer
- Optional daily wellbeing calls
- 24 hour response and support service from Ostara.
We offer all of our accommodation at social and affordable rents with introductory and secure tenancies.
Depending on your personal circumstances you may also be able to get assistance with your rent. We can complete a confidential assessment with you to find out if you are eligible.
Need more information
Newcastle upon Tyne,