Our fund is open all year round to not-for-profit organisations that support people in need. In 2018, it is open to projects operating in these parts of the city:
- Kenton Bar
- North Kenton
- Newbiggin Hall
- West Denton
- Westgate Road
- Church Walk
The eligible areas will be reviewed for 2019.
What type of projects can we support?
We are interested in projects that help build more sustainable communities, make residents feel proud of where they live and improve their quality of life.
All projects must support a community of interest. For example:
- People living in poverty
- People who live in a council house
- Isolated older people
- Young people
- People who are unemployed or out of education.
- Social isolation
- Health and wellbeing
- Life skills
- Life opportunities
- Community cohesion
Who can’t apply?
We are unable to fund the following:
- Tenant and residents’ groups
- Individual tenants
- Ongoing running costs
- Day trips
- Family fun days
- Curricular activities that take place during the school day
- Religious / political promotion
- Purchase of vehicles
- Improvements of housing stock or NCC buildings
- Sponsorship of events or activities
- Environmental projects
- Leisure equipment