Following the announcement of new national and local Covid-19 restrictions, we wanted to provide you with an update on our services here at YHN.
Since the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic we have worked closely with Newcastle City Council and Public Health teams to regularly review our services to ensure they comply with the latest Government guidance and have put into place safety measures to keep both our staff and customers safe.
We can reassure you that all of our services that were available prior to the new local and national restrictions coming into force continue to be available to customers. This means that:
– Repairs and gas safety checks will continue to take place.
– Property bidding through Tyne and Wear Homes will continue and you can still move home if you wish to.
– Planned building and maintenance works to homes will continue to take place.
– Our NFS, Ostara and Garden Care services will remain operational.
– Our Head Office and Customer Services Hubs will remain closed to customers, however you can still contact your Housing Officer using your local Hub’s contact info.
– Our Housing Officers can still visit customers’ homes where necessary and as long as you are happy for them to do so. There are other options available for any customers that feel uncomfortable with a home visit, including telephone calls and online meetings.
– Staff will continue to work from our Housing Plus and Supported Living schemes to support residents. We ask that friends and family please avoid visiting at this time unless they are part of a support bubble with a resident or their visit is essential.
As the situation continues to develop, we will keep you informed of any changes to our services that may occur as a result of any future restrictions.
We understand if you feel anxious or have concerns about these latest restrictions. Advice and support is available by emailing email@example.com
. Please try to contact us by email or using our online form
if your enquiry is not urgent so we can keep our lines free for emergencies.
For our latest service updates and information on the safety measures we have put in place, visit our website: www.yhn.org.uk/coronavirus