For the latest customer information on Coronavirus (COVID-19) click here. We are currently experiencing high call volume.
To help keep our lines free for emergencies, please get in touch using our contact us form
Following the latest change to Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) guidelines on carrying out standard routine repairs, we have put plans into place for resuming our repairs service.
To help ensure the safety of staff and customers, we will be taking a phased approach to reintroducing the service, prioritising repairs that were in progress or reported prior to March 23rd when lockdown restrictions were officially announced.
If you are elderly, vulnerable, self-isolating or shielding, please let us know when we contact you so we can discuss making alternative arrangements.
Access to your property will be needed so to help ensure the safety of customers and staff I need to let you know that the following safety precautions will be place in order for us to complete your repair:
• All staff will be given the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which will be used as needed.
• Staff will ring you when they are on route to check you are still happy for the repair to go ahead – if you or anyone in your household develops symptoms between now and then please tell us when we call.
• Where possible, the two meters safe distance rule will be used. We ask that you keep a safe distance from our staff and that you go into a different room while the work is being done if possible.
• Surface areas will be wiped with cleaning products once work is finished.
• We will only have the minimum number of staff in your property at any one time.
• Staff will wash their hands before and after each job.
• If your repair is outside and you need to enter or leave your property during the work being carried out, please let the staff know while maintaining social distancing. This will allow staff to ensure social distancing is maintained as anyone enters or leaves their home.
Once we are in a position to do so and are running to full capacity, we will start taking new repairs and re-open the online repair portal.
We anticipate a high demand when we start carrying out non-urgent repairs and with the new safety measures in place it might take us longer to book in and complete your repair. We would like to thank customers for their patience while we work to fully reinstate the service.
We are closely monitoring all Government and Public Health England (PHE) guidance to prevent the spread of the coronavirus and should their advice or the risk rating change we will inform you of any changes made to our plans of reinstating the service in full.
We have pulled together some Frequently Asked Questions that we thought might be helpful:
• I reported my repair(s) before lockdown, how long will it take to get done?
If you reported a repair before the 23 March or in the early stages of lockdown, a member of staff will be contacting you to get this booked in. If you don’t hear anything in the next week or so then please feel free to contact us so we can look into it for you.
• What if I am still shielding or showing symptoms of Covid-19?
If you or any members of your household are shielding or are showing symptoms of Covid-19 then we will not carry out your repair until it is safe to do so.
• What if the repair no longer needs doing?
That’s fine, when a member of staff contacts you please tell them, and we will cancel it off the system so a member of staff doesn’t call out.
• Will my gas service still be carried out?
Yes, gas servicing hasn’t stopped and has continued during lockdown to ensure the safety of you and your home. The engineers are following all the necessary PPE guidance along with the safety precautions outline above.
An appointment will be made before the engineer calls so if any circumstances change please just give us a call to let us know.
If you have are shielding and have a letter, please display this in your window so we can take a photo and re-book your appointment for when the shielding comes to an end.
• I still feel uncomfortable and don’t want anyone in my property.
We appreciate that some customers might still be anxious about letting people into your home. If this is the case and your repair isn’t urgent then please let us know when we contact, you and we can discuss alternative arrangements.
• Can you carry out external repairs?
Yes, as long as your repair meets all of the requirements and guidelines in place this can be done. All we ask is that you remain in your property while the repair is carried out.
• Are you able to carry out all repairs now?
No, there are still a small amount of jobs that we can’t carry out until the government guidance and health and safety regulations allow us to do so. Most of these repairs are larger ones that require more than one member of staff to be in your property for the same repair. An example of this is plastering your ceiling. If you are unsure then please just contact us and we will let you know. Where we can’t do it, we will make a note of it and carry out the repair when it is safe to do so.