For the latest customer information on Coronavirus (COVID-19) click here. We are currently experiencing high call volume.
To help keep our lines free for emergencies, please get in touch using our contact us form
Our responsive repairs service is now limited to urgent and emergency repairs and gas safety checks only until further notice. If you currently have a non-emergency repair booked in this will be rearranged when lockdown has come to an end.
You can continue report urgent and emergency repair requests through our Contact Centre. You will not be able to book a repair online until we resume carrying out non-essential repairs.
Gas safety checks will continue as they are required by law and are essential for the safety of your home. If you are shielding or clinically vulnerable and do not feel comfortable with a member of our team visiting your home to carry out a gas safety check then you should contact us as soon as possible to let us know and we will rearrange your appointment.
Some of our external contractors may be carrying out planned works inside properties throughout lockdown. You will be contacted in advance of any work taking place. If you are shielding or have any concerns, please let our team know when they contact you.
The following safety precautions will be place in order for us to complete your repair:
• All staff will be given the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which will be used as needed.
• Staff will ring you when they are on route to check you are still happy for the repair to go ahead – if you or anyone in your household develops symptoms between now and then please tell us when we call.
• Where possible, the two meters safe distance rule will be used. We ask that you keep a safe distance from our staff and that you go into a different room while the work is being done if possible.
• Surface areas will be wiped with cleaning products once work is finished.
• We will only have the minimum number of staff in your property at any one time.
• Staff will wash their hands before and after each job.
• If your repair is outside and you need to enter or leave your property during the work being carried out, please let the staff know while maintaining social distancing. This will allow staff to ensure social distancing is maintained as anyone enters or leaves their home.
We are closely monitoring all Government guidance to prevent the spread of the coronavirus and should their advice or the risk rating change we will inform you of any changes made to our plans of reinstating the service in full.
We have pulled together some Frequently Asked Questions that we thought might be helpful:
• What if I am clinically extremely vulnerable or showing symptoms of Covid-19?
If you or any members of your household are clinically extremely vulnerable or are showing symptoms of Covid-19 then we will not carry out your repair until it is safe to do so.
• I booked in a repair before lockdown. Will this still go ahead?
We are only carrying out urgent and emergency repairs until the end of the national lockdown. This means that if you reported a non-urgent repair before lockdown then we will need to reschedule the repair after lockdown has ended. We will contact you once we are able to start resuming our normal repairs service to rebook your appointment. If you no longer require a repair then please inform our member of staff when they contact you and we will cancel it off the system.
• Will my gas service still be carried out?
Yes, gas servicing hasn’t stopped and has continued during restrictions to ensure the safety of you and your home. The engineers are following all the necessary PPE guidance along with the safety precautions outline above.
An appointment will be made before the engineer calls so if any circumstances change please just give us a call to let us know.
• I feel uncomfortable and don’t want anyone in my property.
If you are shielding and do not feel comfortable with a member of our team visiting your home to carry out a gas safety check then you should contact us as soon as possible to let us know.
Gas safety checks are essential for ensuring the safety of your property so you will need to contact us as soon as possible to rearrange your appointment once your shielding period has ended.
• Can you carry out external repairs?
Yes, as long as your repair meets all of the requirements and guidelines in place this can be done. All we ask is that you remain in your property while the repair is carried out.