For the latest customer information on Coronavirus (COVID-19) click here. We are currently experiencing high call volume.
To help keep our lines free for emergencies, please get in touch using our contact us form
Are you looking for a new challenge?
We’re looking for Newcastle City Council tenants to join our Customer Service Committee and help make sure that the views and priorities of customers are at the heart of what we do.
The role of the Committee is to ensure that customers’ voices are heard at the highest level within YHN. As a Committee member you will be working with other tenants to directly influence the way we deliver services.
If you are passionate about ensuring customers’ voices are heard and acted on then we would like to hear from you!
This is an important and exciting role that will require time and commitment.
You will need to:
• Come to at least four committee meetings a year and also take part in projects in-between meetings.
• Take part in a training session and two away-days.
• Read papers and information in advance of meetings.
What skills do I need?
We are looking for people who:
• Are a Newcastle City Council tenant.
• Are passionate about ensuring customers’ voices are heard and acted on.
• Can use their own experience in an objective way.
• Are able to work constructively and show respect and consideration to others.
• Have good communication skills.
• Are committed to treating everyone as equals, appreciating and respecting everyone’s differences.
These don’t have to be work related skills we are looking for people who have life experience. You will receive training for the role.
For an informal chat about the role, please contact email@example.com or ring Lou or Emily on 0191 2115400.
Closing date for applicants 6th February 2020.