Your Key to a Construction Career with YHN
Are you interested in finding a job within the construction industry?
YHN is working with Group Horizon to deliver a free, 13 day construction course which will give you insight into the industry, refresh any existing knowledge you may have and help you to develop multi-trade skills and experience.
This will ultimately help you to successfully work and gain further experience in various roles within the construction industry.
The course will cover the following:
- A Free CSCS (Construction Skills Certificate Scheme) training and testing
- A BTEC Health & Safety Level 1 in a construction environment
- An introduction to sustainability and renewable energy technologies such as solar, wind, biomass, rain water, harvesting, ground and air source heat pumps amongst others
- An opportunity to meet numerous construction companies to help you find employment
- A tour around YHN’s new build and remodeling construction sites
- The chance to update your CV and employability skills
The course will be full time and travel expenses will be provided.
Please note that participants must live in a Newcastle City Council, Leazes Homes or Byker Community Trust owned property that is managed by Your Homes Newcastle (YHN). Participants must be unemployed, aged 19 or over and in receipt of benefits.
This course would be invaluable if you are looking to work in any of the following roles:- renewable energy, installing solar panels, roofer’s mate, installing TV/satellite equipment, window fitting, labouring, new build projects, electrician’s mate, plumber’s mate, ground worker and many more.
On Monday 5 September 2016 at 2pm, an information & enrolment session will be held at YHN’s office in Newburn, which will give you more of an insight into the course. To book a place or find out further information:
- Phone 0191 2788730
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text ‘Construction’ to 07815784037