Exclusively for people over 60, there are 44 one-bedroom apartments in Allendale House in the Byker area of the city.
Allendale House is one of our refurbished developments in a convenient location close to bus routes, local shops and a supermarket, GP surgeries, pharmacies and a post office.
All apartments are designed with comfort and home security in mind benefitting from:
- Double glazing
- Modern fitted kitchens and bathrooms
- Central heating
- Telephone and television points
- Mains connected smoke detectors
- Secure camera entry system and independent front door.
Allendale House also offers residents well-maintained communal areas and facilities including:
- Communal lounge for social events
- Laundry room
- Guest suite
- Well-maintained communal garden
- Onsite car parking.
About Housing Plus - Sheltered
Our Housing Plus service is designed to make living easier for our customers by offering affordable quality accommodation alongside a range of housing and wellbeing support services.
A Housing Plus Officer is based in each development providing a welcoming atmosphere and support to live independently, with opportunities for social interaction and wellbeing support tailored to individual customers’ needs.
- No fees to pay
- All repairs and maintenance costs covered
- Optional furniture rental available
- Onsite Housing Plus Officer
- Optional daily wellbeing calls
- 24 hour response and support service from Ostara.
We offer all of our accommodation at social and affordable rents with a secure tenancy.
Depending on your personal circumstances you may also be able to get assistance with your rent. We can complete a confidential assessment with you to find out if you are eligible.
Need more information