Sheltered Housing - What we do
specialist, personal assistance every step of the way: from looking
for the right home for you, to supporting you to live independently
once you're there.
Before your move
Our specialist staff will help you find the right property for
you in a sheltered housing scheme in the right location.
- We will guide you through the application process and offer you
an accompanied viewing of the property and communal
- We will introduce you to your Sheltered Housing Officer who
will provide advice and support throughout your tenancy.
- We will give and advice and support on the practicalities of
moving home, such as managing your money and checking benefit
During your move
You'll move into a fully decorated property and you'll also have
the option for new carpets, curtains and bed at low
After your move
- We will give you a tenant information pack which tells you
about our service and other service provided by Your Homes
- We will visit you within a week of your move to check
everything is OK.
- Your Sheltered Housing Officer will provide advice and support
to help you live independently - we offer a "one-stop-shop"
- We will provide a safe and secure environment for you to live
in, and support you with 24-hour Mobile Warden responses if you
need emergency help. Click
here for more information.
- We will help you make rent payments and take care of other
housing management services such as repairs and maintenance.
- We will work together with health and social care agencies to
ensure your needs are met.
- You will be invited to get involved with decisions about your
home and your services.
- You will be invited to join in with social activites and events
in your scheme and other places in your area and across the
How much does sheltered housing cost?
As well as paying the rent for your flat, you'll pay an
additional sheltered housing charge. The average rent for a
flat in a sheltered scheme is about £110 per week. This Includes
the basic rent plus charges for the services we provide. We
will tell you if we change the charge and we try to keep the
cost as low as possible.
Read about our sheltered housing
Go back to the Sheltered Housing