Wansbeck House is a sheltered housing scheme situated in
Lemington, a very quiet area west of Newcastle upon Tyne,
approximately six miles from the city centre. The scheme is
serviced by a regular bus route and has many social activities run
by the tenants.
Benefits of living in Wansbeck House
- The scheme has a large lounge for tenants' use
- A laundry room containing two washing machines and two tumble
- A twin guest-room available for a small fee for
- A newly adapted assisted bathroom with disabled bath with
hoist, shower, and toilet
- The scheme is surrounded with gardens and a large landscaped
- A warden-call alarm linked to the Sheltered Housing Officer
and/or CCAS Enquiry Centre in case of emergency
- The Sheltered Housing Officer onsite
What will my flat be like?
The scheme contains 20 flats in its own spacious grounds. The
nineteen 1bedroom apartments each have a bathroom, kitchen,
separate lounge and bedroom. There is one small apartment ideal for
a single person.
How much will it cost?
The average rent for a flat in a sheltered
scheme is about £110 per week .This includes the basic rent plus
charges for the services we provide. We will tell you if we change
the charge and we try to keep the cost as low as possible.
Newcastle upon Tyne
Sheltered Housing Service
Benton Park Road
Tel: 0191 278 8585
Sheltered Housing Officer, Gwen Terry
Tel: 0191 267 3840