NFS - how we perform
measure our performance against our service standards.
Click here to read more about our
- 7,667 deliveries were made – 96% were completed within 5
- 6,386 collections were made – 96% were completed within 5
We visit all our new customers within 8 weeks of them receiving
their furniture pack and ask them several questions about the
service we provide:
- 96.4% said that they were satisfied with the overall service
- 94% said that having a furniture pack has helped them to live
in their home
- 98.8% said we delivered a friendly service and they were
treated fairly and with respect
- 99% said our staff behaved professionally and were polite
Survey results indicate high levels of satisfaction for the
furniture service, and that the introduction of the Menu Options
scheme has contributed to this.
In March 2012 the service was assessed by a UKAS accredited body
and awarded ISO 14001:2004.
ISO 14001:2004 is a voluntary internationally recognised
standard and specifies the actual requirements for an Environmental
Managements System (EMS).
The three key elements of ISO 14001 is continual improvement,
prevention of pollution and legal compliance.
In December 2011 the service was assessed by a UKAS accredited
body and awarded ISO 9001:2008.
ISO 9001:2008 is an International Standard which has been around
in various forms since 1979 with the latest version being ISO
The standard relates to a quality management system and is
designed to help organisations ensure they meet the needs of
customers and stakeholders.
In 2004 and 2007 we achieved Charter Mark Status with 6 areas of
Best Practice identified:
- The quality of the application was very good
- The service is very progressive
- The impact upon the community by Newcastle Furniture Service is
- The management of the service is professional and effective,
staff are empowered and valued
- The service performs well and has embraced the ethos of Charter
- Staff working for the service “went the extra mile” when
carrying out their duties.
In November 2006 we were awarded the UK Housing Award for
“Excellence for Support and Care Solutions.” This award was
given by the Chartered Institute of Housing.
In 2006 we were also shortlisted for the Guardian newspaper
“Public Service of the Year Award”.
In March 2008, YHN was inspected by the Audit Commission.
Following the inspection, the Audit Commission rated YHN as
providing a three star service with excellent prospects for further
|Certification number: 55E13701
||Certification number: 44Q13701