YHN has introduced a new scheme to help vulnerable and older
customers with the small but important household tasks that are not
covered by our repairs service.
We understand that it is important for you to be able to live
independently in your own home. But we also know that sometimes
there are some jobs that are just too difficult to manage by
yourself. In these cases, the Handyperson scheme, in
partnership with Mears Home Improvement, may be able to help
Who can use the scheme?
The Handyperson scheme is for customers who:
- are over 60 years old
- have a disability or severe health problems which prevent you
from carrying out the work yourself
- are a single parent family with a disabled child.
What sort of things can the handyperson help with?
- minor plumbing and joinery repairs
- installing grab rails, locks and security chains
- changing a light bulb, a plug or fuse
- fixing/replacing door bells
- minor painting
What are the benefits of the scheme?
- Tasks are carried out without the hassle and expense of
searching for a private contractor (the service is free to all
- You don't have to worry about letting a stranger into your home
as all members of staff carry official identification and have been
subject to enhanced CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) checks.
- You can continue to live safely and independently in your own
How to get in touch
If you think you are eligible and would like to contact the
scheme to carry out a service for you then contact Mears by: