What you should do:
- read through all of the information that is included in the
application pack, including the competency based job description to
ensure that the job you are applying for is right for you.
- make sure that you complete the form as fully as possible to
ensure that we have enough information to short-list you on.
- use the key deliverables in the competency based job
description to tell us how you meet the competencies on the
application form - use examples of where you have demonstrated this
experience or competence through past experience.
- ensure that your application form is returned to us by 6pm on
the date that the job is due to close - we will not be able to
accept your application if it is late.
What you should not do:
- we do not accept Curriculum Vitae (CV’s) so please do not
enclose a CV as part of your application as this will be
- YHN is committed to equal opportunities recruitment, and
will only short-list applicants on the merits of their application,
so please do not canvass.
Competency Based Recruitment
YHN is committed to using competency as a
framework for assessment in recruitment and selection and have
identified a set of core competencies that the
recruitment and selection process is based around. Throughout the
process you will come across competencies in:
- our Job Descriptions which outline the key things that we are
looking for within each of the core competencies
- Section B of our application form which asks you to give
details of how you meet the key competencies for the role
- your interview if you are successfully short-listed - you
will be asked questions based around the core
- your job role if you are successful - the core competencies
will form the basis for your appraisal and development while in
Read General competency based
application and interview guidelines (word
doc) for more information.