Repairs and Maintenance - Service Standards
the repairs and maintenance service?
Our service manages all repairs and maintenance, repairs to
empty properties, minor work and planned programmes of work for
Newcastle City Council’s housing. We aim to provide good quality
repairs, and get them right first time!
We try our best to make appointments at times to suit you. It is
important that you are at home for your repairs appointment. If you
are not in when we call it costs our service money and we may
charge you for this.
Visit the Reporting Repairs
section to find out more about the service
What can I expect from the service?
- We will publish how you can report repairs in our tenant
handbook and on our website.
- We will publish the repairs that are your responsibility. If
you want us to carry out these repairs we will do so and charge
- We will make sure that all workers provide identification, have
the skills they need to carry out your repair, use good quality
materials, tidy up after all work we do and treat your home with
- Wherever possible we will try to complete your repair as agreed
with you. If, however, we have to cancel your repair or appointment
we will contact you to rearrange it at a convenient time for
- We have an allowance scheme for you to make a claim if there is
an unreasonable delay in carrying out your repairs.
- We will monitor the performance and quality of our repairs
- We will publish our performance figures at least every three
- We will keep a record of all complaints made about repairs and
will make sure we pass them to the relevant person to investigate
Our service standards
- We aim to carry out 99.5% of emergency repairs within our four
- We aim to carry out 99% of urgent repairs within our one, three
or seven day timescale.
- We aim to carry out 99% of routine repairs within our 15 day
- We aim to complete at least 98% of reapirs at the first visit
- We aim to achieve at least 92% customer satisfaction.
- We aim to keep at least 97% of appointments that we have made
- We aim to carry out an annual gas safety check and issue a gas
safety certificate for 99.9% of all properties we manage.
here to download a full version of the Repairs and
Maintenance Service Standards leaflet
Local offers are commitments that have been designed by tenants
to improve housing services. We talked to lots of
tenants to find out what is most important to them to help us
improve. One of our local offers for 2012-2013 will be
delivered by the repairs and maintenance service: