Concierge service standards
What is the Concierge service?
Through the Concierge service, we will:
- provide reception and security services, including monitoring smoke alarms and CCTV 24 hours a day;
- provide cleaning services in specific parts of buildings;
- carry out a range of ‘good neighbour’ duties, such as taking parcel deliveries or keeping spare keys for tenants, to add value to the service;
- carry out regular inspections of how clean buildings are, including buildings where our service provider carries out the cleaning;
- work closely with Newcastle City Council to monitor their performance against our building cleaning service level agreement, to make sure they put in place any action plans to make improvements (our service level agreement explains the service we get from Newcastle City Council);
- carry out regular safety and security checks in your home; and
- give you a Freephone number for the service which you can phone at any time of the day or night.
Visit the Concierge Service section to find out more
What can I expect from the service?
- If an area or block falls below our cleaning standards, we will bring it up to those standards within 24 hours.
- Your Concierge will challenge anybody who enters a block without permission.
- We will provide information boards with up-to-date details of the service we provide, including information about the standards you can expect from the cleaning service.
- When our staff are on duty, they will wear a full uniform and a name badge.
- If you report a repair or tell us that someone has broken their tenancy agreement, we will give you a receipt. The receipt tells you:
– what you have told us; and
– when you told us.
Our service standards
- We will provide 90% of all new tenants with a welcome pack within seven days of moving in.
- We will display our cleaning work schedule in buildings with a concierge service.
- We will Inspect all concierge buildings every three months to make sure our service provider is keeping to our cleaning standard.
- We will invite tenants' representatives to our inspections every three months and make the results available to tenants if requested.
- We will offer all new tenants an introduction to the concierge service.
- We will carry out all tenant introductions within seven days of receiving the request unless a later date is specified by the customer.
- We will carry out safety and security checks for all concierge blocks everyday.
We will always try to provide the best services that we can. For the Concierge service, this means that Concierge officers will always try to sort out difficulties like:
- noise nuisance; and
- people who don’t live in the building being in shared areas when they don’t have permission.
Click here to download a full copy of the Concierge Service Service Standards leaflet